This highly successful rapidly expanding travel company are looking to recruit a Customer Relations Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Customer Relations Manager is the customer's advocate with a focus on resolving customer issues and maximising the customer experience while balancing the financial realities and strategic goals of the company. This person is responsible for the day to day management of the Customer Relations team and ensures that all customer issues are handled efficiently and fairly in accordance with company procedures and industry standards.
Customer Relations Manager Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage and motivate the team to ensure customers are handled in a friendly, efficient and professional manner and by the most
- appropriate method of communication.
- Be responsible for CR staff engagement, development and training needs.
- Monitor and delegate incoming customer correspondence
- Provide on-going coaching and advice to the CR executives regarding the investigation of and response to customer issues.
- Check prepared responses and discuss corrections/amendments
- Investigate and prepare responses to the most serious and complex customer issues
- Authorise compensation to a specified value.
- Undertake the proactive recovery of compensation from suppliers where applicable.
- Have responsibility for the company compensation budget in conjunction with the Head of Governance.
- Collate and analyse complaint statistics and prepare monthly reports
- Identify complaint trends and make suggestions for improvements.
- Oversee customer medical screening and the blacklisted passenger database and authorise for such bookings to be accepted/rejected
- in consultation with Head of Customer Relations
- Plan and manage departmental activities in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales.
- Assist with proofing of brochure/newsletters and other Marketing material.
Customer Relations Manager Skill Attributes:
- Strong leadership, influencing and management skills to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
- Good knowledge of consumer legislation, specifically travel law
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- An ability to effectively collate and analyse complaint statistical data.
- The ability to handle complaints and difficult situations in a diplomatic, calm and effective way
- Competent in continually reviewing processes, identifying the root cause of complaints and working with the business to minimise the impact of such failings on the customer
- Commerical awareness
- Ability to turn a negative experience for the customer into a positive one by consistently providing the highest level of customer service
- Familiarity with working within a busy customer service environment in the travel industry.
- Experience of managing and motivating staff in a team
- Proven track record of implementing improvements to the customer service experience
- Experience of managing a budget and making decisions regarding compensation claims
- Proven track record of customer retention
- Related experience within a similar role is ideal however the ability to demonstrate key skills and experience which is closely related is essential
- Provide guidance and advice to the company regarding legal and consumer issues.
For a fully confidential discussion on this Customer Relations Manager vacancy, please email your full up to date CV to Gemma.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the number of applications - ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.
For all the latest travel jobs log on to www.newfrontiers.co.uk
This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies