Working within the finance and accounting sector there are a wide range of opportunities in terms of experience for experienced professionals. This sector entails a variety of skills that are needed in order to achieve the best understanding and knowledge. You will need to be an organised individual as one key role desires you to be able to make sure payments are made punctually and you need to be an individual who is always ahead of their work load. A key decision maker and a good team player are vital characteristics that should be seen in you.
Finance Director - The key decision maker and head of the department who works closely with the Finance Controller, and other department heads, the Managing Director and often board members
• Finance Controller - Normally found in large organisations, will oversee the smooth running of the accounts department
• Purchase Ledger - Handles all incoming invoices ensuring payments are made on time, reconciles statements from suppliers, makes payments within terms, deal with all incoming calls
• Sales Ledger - Handles all outgoing company invoices, as well as handling credit control - chasing debits.
• Accounts Assistant - A general assistant within the department assisting with sales & purchase ledgers and so on.
• Overseas Account Assistant – Responsible for payments for all overseas hoteliers and suppliers
• BSP (bank settlement plan) Manager - To ensure the smooth and timely payments of all airline ticket sales