About the Role:
Groups Business Travel Consultant - East Kilbride
One of the fastest growing Travel Management Companies in the UK has a great opportunity for a Business Travel Consultant to work on an exciting range of accounts and offer support to clients across a variety of sectors, so this is an excellent opportunity to flex and develop your skills.
This is a great opportunity for a Business Travel Consultant to build on their skills. As a Flight and Group Air Co-ordinator you will work with Business Travel clients wishing to book flights for a variety of events throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service at all times.
Business Travel Consultant Duties:
* Build relationships ensuring the efficient processing of all bookings and queries received
* Handling all enquiries in a timely and professional manner
* Offering a variety of flight options, explaining fare rules Booking flights for groups of passengers and groups of individual passengers
* Confirming the reservations as required and ensuring the booking process goes smoothly
* Offering advice regarding destinations, best/most cost effective carriers etc. Dealing with any cancellations or amendments including schedule changes
* Offering excellent customer service with every client transaction
* Utilising account management skills in order to retain and grow business
* Take ownership and responsibility for all client queries handled until successfully concluded.
* Ensure that all fare rules, regulations and conditions are given correctly with a full explanation.
* Ensure that valid alternatives are offered to all clients.
* Ensure that full support is given to the key preferred suppliers.
Business Travel Consultant skills:
* Previous experience booking flights, especially through the GDS would be highly desireable
* Previous experience co-ordinating conferences and events
* Computer literate with experience of Microsoft office.
* Flexible and able to prioritise tasks in line with business objectives
* Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to follow instructions.
* The ability to work within a team environment to achieve team/department objectives
* Confident and professional telephone manner
* Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline
* Good Geographical knowledge