Permanent Technical Support Consultant
This is an excellent opportunity for an adaptable and confident individual who will provide support to our client’s online booking tool users and other contracted user companies they have.
Technical Support Consultant
As a Technical Support Consultant you will undertake an array of tasks & responsibilities:
- Continually review and evaluate current methodologies and recommend improvement.
- Keep appraised of online booking systems and their development, within the Travel Industry, specifically the Amadeus E-Travel solution.
- Onsite visits for configuration and demonstration of online booking tools for the members of the Focus Partnership, and any other contracted user company
- Provide first level troubleshooting onsite, online and phone support to the Focus Partners for Online booking tool solutions, predominantly Amadeus E-Travel, and any other contracted user company
- Familiarisation with other on-going and up and coming technology projects to help out and cover the Focus central team where necessary.
- Updating and maintaining an online bulletin board with current information regarding Technology Projects, Online troubleshooting problems and solutions.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with managers and staff in supplier organisations and within the Focus partnership
- Organise training sessions as required pertaining to products and systems utilised by the partnership.
- Provide status update presentations on on-going technology project progress to the Focus Panels.
- Liaise with the finance department to organise the billing for the various technology projects to the Focus Partners on a monthly basis
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- subsidised gym membership
- BUPA and death in service benefits after a qualifying period
- 23 days leave rising to 28 days and excellent working conditions.
Technical Support Consultant skill attributes:
- Knowledge of the Global Distributions Systems used within the travel industry
- Knowledge of nett fares and CAT35
- Good technical abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of Basic scripting
- Excellent interpersonal, language and communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the online booking systems available in the UK travel market.
- Good prioritisation and organisational skills
- Possess positive and flexible attitude to project completion
For a fully confidential discussion on this Technical Support Consultant position, please email your CV and my client will contact you IF your application has been successful.
Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.
For all the latest jobs logon to www.newfrontiers.co.uk
This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies